Sunday, December 28, 2008

***Happy New Year***

Yup, that's me 11:59, 12/31/08....
Just sipping away on my 2nd glass of Veuve Clicquot champagne awaiting the glorious arrival of 2009.........don't we all look this relaxed and marvelous on New Year's Eve?!

I know it sounds so cliche, but where DID the time go ?
Honestly, I can't believe how fast 2008 has gone. Maybe it's because I am almost, (gulp, ) 50 and smack dab in mid-life , or because I see how my boys have grown into fine young men, or maybe because the mirror is ever so truthful in it's reflection of honesty....
Maybe it's all of these reasons. I don't know, but it is a reminder of the sobering fact that life is really so short, and meant to be LIVED!

Thank you for blessing me with your friendship this year. I am truly grateful and in awe of the amazing and inspiring friendships that blogging has brought me in 2008.

It is my prayer and hope that in 2009, you LIVE your life to the fullest and treasure each step along the way.....
REMEMBER....Stay close to Him, and He will stay close to you.
May God bless you and keep you safe this New Year, and always.
oooxxx Ruth
.




12 comments:

Helen said...

God bless you and keep you and everyone you love safe and happy in 2009.

stacycakes said...

hope you have a blessed new year, i hope its a good one!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful New Year! And may we all look as beautiful, relaxed, and elegant as the woman in the picture :-)

vivian said...

What a great post! that smack dab in the middle of mid life... yeah, I'm feeling it too.. In fact, I hesitate to say anything, cause then if I blow it no one knows.. but 2009 is going to be the year I get myself healthy! I have to do it... like you said, life is short, and we need to make the best of it.. so.. thats what I'm going to do!
happy new year girlfriend!
hugs
vivian

Danielle&Hannah said...

Just stopped by...

May God's richest blessings be with you in the New year!

:-D
Danielle

Rhondi said...

Hi Ruth
I hope 2009 holds good health, much joy and many answered prayers for you. Youare right about life being short. we need toenjoy every minute.
Hugs, Rhondi

Anonymous said...

Have a happy new year. Looking wonderful too I might add.
Lorri

Debra Howard said...

I wanted to stop by and let you know how much I have enjoyed your blog. I have given you an award if you would like to stop by and pick it up. Blessings,
Debbie Howard

Debra Howard said...

Hi Holly, just grab the picture of the award on my page then post it along with 8 other blogs you would like to pass it along to. There is a statement on my page that is supposed to go along with it also. I just cut & pasted it to simplify things. Blessings
Debbie

Susie Q said...

Happy, happy New year dear heart. May 2009 bring you much joy!

Love,
Sue

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ruth,
Hope The New Year is off to a good start for you and God richly blesses you in 2009.
Have a great week.
hugs, Celestina Marie

Tara said...

Hope all is well Ruth!