Thursday, December 18, 2008

Merry Christmas!

SWEET CHERUBS WITH BLING!

Mirror mirror on the wall...
Tiny rice lights in powder room...

My Collection of apocrathy jars I have been snatching
up for years at garage sales.... I love how they look here!
Magical and icy!


Another shot..........



My collection of antique Christmas ornaments in a
HUGE apocrathy jar I got at Home Goods last year.
A string of tiny rice lights inside makes this truly enchanting!


Hi Everyone~
So happy to finally be spending some time with my blogging buddies! Time is passing so quickly and it is hard to believe we are already in the "Christmas countdown".

Now that I have finally found a moment to share, here are a few of my most recent decorations for Christmas.
MINIMAL was the name of the game for me this year.

With the economy doing so poorly , and things being so unstable, I believe it is time to re-access all that we have, and all that we really need. I am finding that I am much more clear headed , focused, and less stressed when things are kept simple and to a minimum.

Lately, my cottage style has also been reflecting the same sense of calm, peace, and simplicity. My recent bedroom makeover, and upcoming kitchen changes will be posted in early 2009.
Plan to be surprised!

Until our next meeting, I hope each and everyone of you and your families has a VERY blessed Christmas, and remember the TRUE reason for the season...
Luke 2:11-
"for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."

Isaiah 9:6 "For a child will be born to us, And the government will rest on His shoulders, And His name wil be called Wonderful Councelor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."
(I LOVE how Isaiah prophesized about Jesus coming LONG before He was even born!)
Merry Christmas!
xxxoo Ruth










10 comments:

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Love the statue with pearls. And your jar collection is so neat and versatile. Merry Christmas,
Gollum

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ruth, I love your Christmas touches around your home. The apothocary jars are wonderful with the vintage ornaments inside. I love that you added the lights. I bet that is gorgeous.
Looking forward to your redos. I am going to redesign 2 rooms as well after Christmas. I have the redo bug. I get it every year. LOL!!
I like your simple idea too. Sometimes less is more.

Hope you have a very special Christmas and all the best in the new year.
hugs, Celestina Marie

stacycakes said...

Beautiful post Ru, Wishing you and yours a very Blessed Christmas!xox,Stacy

Connie said...

Thanks for visiting with me, chickee!! I sooooo love new people looking in. I also wonder how so many people don't believe in the savior but the day will come, of that I am SURE!! Can't wait to see the remodeling of your rooms, sweetpea,
Smooches,
Connie

bj said...

Dearest Holly Ruth....I love your statue with pearls...I posted my bronze lady with bling this week, too...
Rice lights? Never heard of them...are they smaller than the little white Christmas lights? I want to put lights on the headboard in my bedroom and maybe I need the Rice lights instead of the small C. lights...I will look>
Your Christmas cottage looks absolutely LOVELY. I really love your apothocary jars...I try to buy all I can find..in all sizes. They are harder to find in thrift stores now..every one is buying them.
Can't wait to see your NEW rooms...
and I wish you the Merriest Christmas, EVER....
love, bj

Sondra Behne' said...

Hello Holly,,,i have a couple cherubs in my home that I too hang peearls around...it's just the right touch.

Remember to stop by and place your vote for the pink hair ladies when you get a chance

Happy Holiday Season to you and your family

Sondra

w00ts up said...

Ruth- I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and Happy 2009!

Helen said...

I have never seen an apothocary jar collection as wonderful as yours - such a unique interest. Everything you do seems to be quite unique.....

bj said...

Hi, sweetness,
I know you are working hard on your lovely cottage...can't wait to see all the changes. It is going to be MAGNIFICENT !!
Happy New Year,
bj

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

What a great idea to just put lights in the jars. It looks lovely. Happy New Year to you!